Children need nutritious lunches to help them stay healthier, concentrate in school and play sports.
The FDA suggests how to pack a healthier lunch:
- Plan your kids’ meals for the entire week.
- Fill your child's lunchbox with foods that contribute to healthy growth and weight maintenance.
- Ask your child to help pack lunch. This will create habits for building healthy and balanced meals.
- Focus on the basic food groups: fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy and proteins.
- Check for ideas on healthy food websites.
- Make sure portions are appropriate for your child.
- Read nutritional labels to help you select the healthiest options.
Fresh basil is highlighted in pesto sauce, and there is no fresher sauce than this no-cook homemade pesto sauce.
Anthony Bourdain is an American chef as well as an executive chief cook of Brasserie Les Halles in New York
Paul Bocuse is named the “Father of Culinary Art” in France. He’d been a cooking icon for several years