Children need nutritious lunches to help them stay healthier, concentrate in school and play sports.
The FDA suggests how to pack a healthier lunch:
- Plan your kids’ meals for the entire week.
- Fill your child's lunchbox with foods that contribute to healthy growth and weight maintenance.
- Ask your child to help pack lunch. This will create habits for building healthy and balanced meals.
- Focus on the basic food groups: fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy and proteins.
- Check for ideas on healthy food websites.
- Make sure portions are appropriate for your child.
- Read nutritional labels to help you select the healthiest options.